In this Anglican school, education is about learners experiencing the joy of discovery of the awe and wonder of God’s world, solving problems, being creative in writing, art, music, developing their self- confidence as learners and maturing spiritually, socially and emotionally. This school will combine high standards with a broad, balanced and rich curriculum. Education will be the fusion of excellence and enjoyment. Learners do better when they are excited and engaged, when there is joy in what they are doing, they learn to love learning. The school will endeavour to implement its identified core values based on the teachings of Christ and ensure these will underpin all aspects of its work from day to day and support the development of the entire school community. Literacy and numeracy will be the backbone of our pupils’ success in learning. We will build on our strengths to serve the needs of our children using the skills of everyone in the school. This school will drive its own improvement, set its own challenging targets and recognise that for the sake of our learners we can always do better. Learning will be focused on individual pupils’ needs and abilities and we will develop assessment for learning, which enables knowledge about individuals to inform the way they are taught and learn. In addition, the school will be a learning community for all of its staff, parents and governors. Teachers and classroom assistants will provide a tailored approach to support learners with special educational needs, gifted and talented learners and minority ethnic groups. We will give extra support to the learners that need it most. We will build a partnership with parents by giving good information and by knitting the school into the fabric of their community. We will provide activities outside school hours to extend and enrich learning. The head teacher will put into place effective systems for quality assurance self evaluation that in school will promote high standards of behaviour by teaching positive behaviour to all learners based on our identified core values.
1. To promote the Christian faith and its teachings and to work these practically into our daily lives through our identified shared core values of respect, responsibility, forgiveness, friendship, happiness and trust
2. To be an inclusive school and to put into place the practice in all aspects of our work that ensures that all learners are given equality of opportunity, are treated fairly and where community cohesion is encouraged.
3. To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
4. To treat learners as individuals and to differentiated teaching and learning to take account of their individual and special needs.
5. To provide well for learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
6. To provide well for learners’ care, health and safety.
7. To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
8. To teach basic skills and core subjects well and to give great emphasis to the foundation subjects and RE especially to the creative aspects including art, poetry, story, dance, music, performance. These will be central to our work.
9. To make connections between subjects and to apply basic skills across the curriculum.
10. To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment. 11. To give responsibility to learners and develop their self-confidence by contributing to the community.
12. To make parents and the wider community equal partners with the school and to involve them in the evaluation of its success.
13. To build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively happy place where learners feel secure. A school where good behaviour is expected and where learners enjoy growing up.
14. To make this school a place of enjoyment where success is encouraged, rewarded and celebrated.
Click here for more information.